To level or not to level, that is the question! If you’re considering installing a leveling kit, but have concerns over whether or not it will cause your car to be out of alignment and require replacement of your shocks and struts, then this article is for you.
The primary concern of the car being out of alignment is the risk of having your car’s suspension components damaged and possibly causing costly damage to your vehicle.
In this article, we will cover why you might need new shocks and struts after installing a leveling kit. We’ll also discuss some options for extending the life of your current shocks and struts when using a leveling kit.
- 1 Do I need to replace my shocks and struts after installing a leveling kit?
- 2 What can I do to extend the life of my shocks?
- 3 Inspect your shocks
- 4 What is a leveling kit and why would I want one?
- 5 Benefits of Leveling Kit
- 6 What happens when you install a leveling kit?
- 7 Drawbacks of leveling kits:
- 8 Final Thoughts:
Do I need to replace my shocks and struts after installing a leveling kit?
If you have properly installed your leveling kit, you shouldn’t have to replace your shocks and struts. However, you should make sure to inspect your shocks and struts before driving your vehicle.
When your vehicle is parked, take a look at the level of your vehicle. If the level of your vehicle is too low, your shocks and struts may need to be replaced. Getting new shocks, on the other hand, can be useful in several ways. For starters, stock shocks are only good for a limited amount of time and are not designed for heavy-duty off-road activity.
If you are noticing that your vehicle is having a rough ride or that your shocks and struts are feeling loose, then you should consider replacing your shocks and struts.
So, if you are considering installing a 2-inch leveling kit, you should consider replacing your shocks and struts. The primary reason is that when a leveling kit is installed, the car will be raised off the ground and it will require new shocks and struts to compensate for the height increase.
If you have a manual transmission or automatic car, the height increase will also require a new transmission mount, which is typically installed with the shocks and struts.
Make sure to replace your shocks and struts every 3-5 years, or if they have a lot of wear and tear. If you are noticing that your shocks and struts are getting worn out, you should consider replacing them.
What can I do to extend the life of my shocks?
You can extend the life of shocks in the following ways:
Inspect your shocks
The first thing you can do is inspect your shocks and struts after driving your vehicle for a few weeks. This will allow you to see how the vehicle rides over the shocks and struts. Make sure to look for any cracks or chips on your shocks and struts. If you find any cracks or chips, you will need to replace your shocks and struts before they wear out.
Add spring kit:
The purpose of the spring kit is to add more spring pressure to your vehicle’s shocks and struts. This is important because it allows your vehicle’s shocks and struts to last longer.
Use Strut brace:
A strut brace is a piece of hardware that adds a significant amount of spring pressure to your vehicle’s shocks and struts. This is important because it allows your vehicle’s shocks and struts to last longer.
Adjust your suspension components:
If your shocks and struts are still in good condition, you can adjust the position of your vehicle’s suspension components. This is an easy way to extend the life of your shocks and struts.
What is a leveling kit and why would I want one?
A leveling kit is a kit that raises the car’s ride height by as much as 0.5 to 1.5 inches. It is an option for vehicles with an existing suspension that does not have enough travel to handle a ride height increase.
The idea behind the leveling kit is to provide more suspension travel for the ride height increase, without causing the car to be out of alignment.
Benefits of Leveling Kit
Following are the benefits of leveling kit:
- It provides a flat surface on which to place the vehicle.
- The tires will be more evenly loaded and you won’t have to worry about the tires getting out of balance, and it can make the ride smoother and more comfortable.
- You will be able to lower the vehicle’s center of gravity, which will allow you to have better handling.
- It can make the ride smoother and more comfortable.
- The idea behind the leveling kit is to make the car look more attractive. When the car is sitting on the ground, the body of the car will look smaller.
What happens when you install a leveling kit?
When you install a leveling kit, you will notice the following changes:
- You will notice that the tires will no longer be equally loaded.
- The vehicle will no longer be level
- You will be able to feel a difference in the ride height of your vehicle.
Drawbacks of leveling kits:
The vehicle will be heavier than it was before.
- It will be difficult to remove.
- It will make your vehicle heavier and the increase in weight will cause the engine to work harder and will cause the vehicle to consume more gas. So it will decrease fuel economy.
- When you purchase a leveling kit, you will be required to do some work. You’ll have to remove the present suspension, which will be time-consuming.
- If you install it incorrectly, it can make your vehicle unstable.
When it comes to boosting the appearance of your vehicle, leveling it is a good option. It will improve the appearance of your automobile.
You’ll also be able to make the ride more comfy and smooth. This leveling kit can be used to raise the ride height of your car. It’s critical to ensure that the leveling kit is installed appropriately.
You may have problems with your car alignment if you install the leveling kit incorrectly. You should also consider replacing shocks with a leveling kit if you want a more comfortable ride.
In this article, we have discussed how you can extend the life span of shocks and also discussed the benefits and drawbacks of leveling kits. So you can make the best choice when you are buying a leveling kit.